Wednesday 21 May 2014

Framed!

I have always wanted to say that!

And now I can. Yep, frames are up - including some of the roof trusses, hopefully the rest will be tomorrow. Unfortunately I was away for work (again, always on the milestone days!) for a few days so I have not seen them in person for myself. Our neighbour (cannot sing their praises enough) has been sending me photos galore keeping me up to date which I am loving.

Whilst we were at the block on Saturday, we arrived to find our roof trusses being delivered as well as our excavator making a start on the massive dirt pile in the backyard! He is awesome and I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs excess spoil removed, or any sort of excavation for that matter. He said it would take him about 3 x Saturdays as he also has a day job throughout the week and does excavating on the side, but there is no rush for our dirt to be removed so it is not a drama. He has made a nice dent in it so far!

We noticed in Bedroom 2 that there is a pipe in there, I thought it looked a bit out of place when the slab was first laid but then when I saw the lines marked up on the slab for the frames it confirmed it was in Bedroom 2. When Vas called the slab supervisor on Monday he said it is most likely the pipe for the conduit, not plumbing. Hopefully this is actually the case. I was just a bit worried too because it had a big arrow drawn next to the pipe as if it needed to be moved. I will call our site supervisor tomorrow (yes, we have now been handed to the site supervisor!) as I have a few questions to ask him so will include that in my list of questions. He seems lovely and personable, I had a voice message from him today introducing himself but I was unable to get back in contact with him, I look forward to chatting with him tomorrow though.

So there we have it - progress progress progress! I cannot believe it...everyone was right when they said once slab is down it flies. Every day this week the carpenters have been there and apparently today we also had doors and windows delivered. Progress pics below:






3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, it's a good feeling when you see the blue metal frames come together. The bricks won't be far away now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Nat! It will be flying along now.

    ReplyDelete