Thursday 15 May 2014

Fricken Frameless!

Called the slab supervisor today because our frames were still not delivered (this was around lunch time). He looked at his computer (or whatever he uses!) and said "no, they are being delivered on 16 May. I don't know what made you think they were going to be delivered yesterday"...ummm...because you told me last Wednesday that they would be delivered the following Wednesday, being yesterday! Which I basically said that to him. "Nah, they are scheduled for delivery tomorrow". OK whatever. I then asked when they are scheduled to be put up, he said carpenter is booked in for 19 May for now (which is this Monday coming up) - hopefully we stay on track for this, that's if the frames arrive tomorrow LOL! Miscommunication much?

When Vas was at the block the other day there was a portaloo parked at the front using our water, looked like he was filling his truck tank with our water. Vas never said anything to him (kinda wish he did though) but took pictures of the block and a few sneaky ones of the truck, including the rego (that's my boy!). I asked our slab supervisor if it's normal for portaloo trucks to do this - it was an honest question, we are new to this and not sure if this guy took it upon himself to just help himself and if he and other people are doing it all the time, and we have to foot the bill! SS said "water usage is only $10 per gigajoule" - that is not the point! And again, it was a genuine question. He basically fobbed it off when I asked if it is normal and does it happen to everyone else and he said "it's all above board, all above board". OK! We will wait and see the water bill, and we have truck rego. Might even ask Stockland about it. If anyone knows please comment below!

OK, so hopefully frames tomorrow. And of course on Monday I am off to Melbourne for work, so I am sure that means the frames will go up, because I will be gone, just like what happened with the slab! That is OK, as long as they go up. I would rather them go up whilst I am away than not at all - I can always see them when I get back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment