Monday 23 June 2014

Bricking complete!

We received the official text on Friday that our bricks are now complete! Woohoo! It was pretty much exactly 2 weeks which is what I expected. I thought that bricking would feel like forever as that is what seems would take the longest but the 2 weeks really flew by. We have about 2.5 pallets of bricks left too which will definitely come in handy :)

I'm guessing guttering and fascias and possibly a roof this week (or at least the beginnings of a roof). We are supposed to be getting gale force winds tomorrow so don't like the chances of anyone getting up on that roof - I know I wouldn't! I didn't get out there today so I'm not sure if anything was started / done but I plan on making a trip out there tomorrow.

Vas spoke to our SS today about a few bits and pieces, one being that bloody dreaded pipe in Bedroom 2. Nothing has still been done about it, we still don't know if it was mistakenly put there or not, we have both asked our SS on several occasions to look at it but I think he keeps forgetting. Today when Vas asked again I think he realised he really needed to get onto it, however didn't seem at all worried. He said he would get the plumber to check it out. I do feel a little bad for him, considering this all happened when we were still allocated to the slab supervisor and he dismissed us when we asked him about it, saying that now that the slab is down he distances himself from the build. What a crock. It was a potential mistake that happened under his supervision so he should have made some effort to look into it. But that is just my opinion. Who knows, maybe it is meant to be there...

Anyway, enough about that! Brick pics below!








No comments:

Post a Comment