Monday 16 June 2014

Bricks still going and more quotes received...

The brickies are still going great guns on the house, we dropped by on Saturday (very miserable weather) to check out the progress and got a few pics, but it started raining yet again so we had to run back to the car. They had done quite a bit around the back of the house and apparently they were there today (was a beauty of a day today). Should be a good week for them as it is supposed to be mostly fine weather for the rest of the week, fingers crossed it stays that way. Talking to our SS last week he did mention that they should be finished this week, but I will take that with a grain of salt. Though it is possible, but I won't get my hopes up - would be a bonus if they do finish up though!

Also received quotes for window dressings from Wynstan and Accent Blinds. Wynstan is a definite no, the price wasn't competitive at all and again the fact that it is only a 3 year warranty on the shutters as opposed to 20 years is a bit of a deal breaker for me also. Accent's quote was actually quite competitive and a bit cheaper than Warrigal, however I am waiting to see what the warranty is for the shutters from Accent. I have asked Warrigal if they could price match so I am just waiting to hear back about that. I also don't know too much about Accent's product so a bit more info would be great. Turns out Vas knows someone who works for Accent so we are seeing if he can slash the price even more.

We started looking at carpet on the weekend, was a bit of a pain as some places are only open until about lunch time so we missed a few but that is OK. We ended up going to Choices Flooring and South Coast Floor Coverings - both came back with very reasonable prices (cheaper than I thought actually!), there was only a $50 difference between the two quotes so shows a bit of consistency in the price of the product. I think we will go with Choices, really like the gentleman we spoke to in there and he was so helpful and really knew his products. South Coast Floor Coverings were great too but just got a better feel and experience at Choices. I don't think I can be bothered getting more quotes, so lazy of me I know! But getting 2 x prices so close together I am confident we are getting a good deal, and again it's about $1K cheaper than I had budgeted for, and it is beautiful soft carpet.

The whole time I was thinking we'd go a dark brown carpet, even before we signed on with MJH all that time ago, but after taking home some samples we are now leaning more toward a greyish charcoal colour, it looks quite sophisticated and neutral so I think we will go with that.

Some more brick pics below!





No comments:

Post a Comment