Thursday 5 June 2014

Bricks have started!

Went for a drive past the block at lunch time today, hoping to at least see that the cement mixer etc had been delivered in preparation for brick laying to commence, and to my pleasant surprise the brickies were there laying bricks! Half the garage wall had been done by that time, I was stoked! The front yard looks like a shambles, there is even a box from what looks like a TV or computer monitor just chucked on the ground, but at the moment I guess it's not really my problem for me to worry about!

I also received the variation for the piering as we only came in at 19.1 lineal meters, so it was a credit! The only variation I have been happy to sign so far LOL. When I signed and sent it back I asked our CLO about the credit variation for the rock (as we should only need to be paying for the excavation. The disposing of it from site was not necessary so that should be a $4K credit right there) and also the credit variation for not using the full provisional allowance for the extended tender period (that should be around about a $2K credit as we were put on the construction list end of February and our tender expiry was end of April, so we were 2 months early). Our CLO said the rock credit will be sorted at the end of the build, not sure why but OK. She said she would look into the provisional allowance credit for the tender extension and come back to me as it should have been settled already back before construction started but must have been overlooked, no worries.

Heard back from her this arvo and got a credit...for...wait for it...$8. Yes, $8. WHAT THE??! I replied straight away saying that cannot be right and asked if I am missing something. At the end of February when they put us on the construction list she even said we would get about a $2K credit, they had everything they required when we were put on the construction list (otherwise they would not have put us on it!) so I am quite perplexed by this. I didn't get a response this arvo but I will wait and see what she says, I am hoping it was just a mistake on their part because I have been expecting that $2K credit the whole time, certainly not $8.

Also got an email from the aircon company MJH uses which was a nice surprise, just confirming the aircon system we have on order and a plan of where all the duct outlets will go, will double check everything over the weekend and if all is OK I will reply with the all good to go!

A lame pic of the bricks below, I was in the car and they were inside the house (they had set up a little tarp and all!) having lunch, there is 4 of them working so hopefully it will get done nice and quickly. I didn't want to get out to take the shot so a bit of car window reflection I'm sorry :) will get some better ones on the weekend when no one is there! Weather isn't supposed to be too crash hot over the coming days but hopefully not heavy enough to stop the brickies from working :)



1 comment:

  1. I always like the great stuff where ever it is. And your article is very informative and nice. Hope so you will post again in future more then this work.
    Colonial Shutters

    ReplyDelete