Friday 27 June 2014

I jinxed it!

Poop! I jinxed myself! Going on about how blessed we have been with the weather, then the very next day it blows an absolute GALE for three days straight! The winds were ridiculous, and all I can do is laugh when I think of how good a run we've been having with the build, then AS SOON AS the roof is due to go on the gale force winds arrive and hang around like a bad smell for a good part of the week, because like I said before once the roof goes on the weather shouldn't really be a factor! Boy was it a factor this week, but I'm glad it's over. Nothing obviously got done this week, which by the time Wednesday came around I was resigned to that being the case. Strong winds due again for the weekend, but as long as they're gone by Monday I'm happy - really looking forward to a fresh week next week where hopefully we'll see the beginnings of a roof!

In other news, someone has hooked into some of our left over bricks! Not happy! We will get out there ASAP with a wheel barrow to move them, we really wanted to keep every single brick left over so we could make a letterbox among other things. We'll see what happens!

1 comment:

  1. Same happened to us Nat. We had 3 pallets of commons which we think the brickies took. My SS ask if we wanted the 1/4 pallet of Latte bricks leftover. "Yes we do" I said and I would of kept the commons. He was shocked that someone had taken them. I will move the rest around the back of the house tomorrow. As for your house, its looking great. I checked out the Avoca display house down there last year & it's such a lovely place and very similar to where we are building up here at Lake Macquarie. Water on one side and mountains on the other. Good luck with the rest of your build.

    Dean & Leeann

    ReplyDelete