Monday 7 April 2014

All is quiet on the building front...

We have no news really on the progress (or lack thereof) on the build. I did receive a text message this morning from MJH saying:

"Orders have now been placed, file sent to supervisor who will now arrange construction to commence. Regards - McDonald Jones Homes"

I definitely appreciate the update, however I would have thought all of this would have been done whilst we were on the construction list for the 20 days, but forward is better than backward so I'll take it, I was just a bit surprised. Hopefully the SS (Site Supervisor) will get us moving along, though with the weather forecast for this week yet again, it's not looking great. I wish all of this rain would just go away, or at least go to where the people really need it! Honestly, who knows when we will get scraped, I have chosen not to worry about it anymore or drive past the block so regularly, at least until we have some action :) at least I will save on my petrol!

We have decided we would like to get MJH to do our data points / cabling as well as ceiling fans. We were going to do this after handover (my brother is a Telecommunications Technician by trade so has all the materials and qualifications and our friend is an Electrician so we were thinking to buy the fans and get him to install) but we are starting to think we would just like it all done so my brother and friend aren't drilling holes etc...after handover. Just waiting for MJH to get back to us about that, and we are aware we will be charged a $500 fee for the variation.

In other news, we went furniture shopping on the weekend and bought a dining table, console table for our entry hallway and a new lounge from Freedom. They are already ready to be delivered so they will be here in a few weeks (tried to hold off as long as possible!). My inlaws have been so great and accommodating, not being bothered about having all the furniture hanging around the house. It is a massive house so there is space, but we still feel guilty. We will buy some more stuff at the half yearly sales :)

No comments:

Post a Comment