Friday 11 April 2014

Credit where credit is due...

After being extremely grouchy yesterday morning (again) for not receiving our rock variation, I got my stalk on. I hadn't heard anything back from our CLO so I tried calling her, no answer. I then tried calling her boss, no answer - but I left a voice message. I then called the main office phone number to see if either of them were even in the office, turns out they were at a meeting / seminar up in the Hunter. I felt a little bad for stalking but at the same time had no idea they were away. I was told they would be back in the office today. I was put through to another CLO to see if she could assist, she looked into it but couldn't really do anything for me but I appreciated her trying as she did make a good effort to look into what was happening. She said she would send an email to my CLO as well as everyone else involved.

That is where the "credit where credit is due" comes into it. I got into work at 7:30am, fired up my computer and saw I had an email from my CLO sent at 7:25am with the rock variation attached, I was quite chuffed that she had emailed me first thing in the morning. Not so chuffed at receiving a $10.5K variation, but chuffed at the timeliness. She also answered my query about how 90 tonnes of rock hadn't been picked up during the geotechnical survey and the answer as I suspected was that when the bore holes were drilled it didn't show up anything, it can be further under the surface and it is always an unknown of what is really under there most of the time until site works commence.

She also confirmed that we will only be charged the $500 admin fee as opposed to the $1000 fee for adding electrical items (data points and ceiling fans). We have gone for the Fanaway fans in the brushed chrome with clear retractable blades for each bedroom, and 12 x data points (hubby is in IT so a truckload of data points was a must).

So today I was left feeling quite happy and looking forward to seeing progress now that we have signed the rock variation and are getting our fans and data points. This morning cost us over $15K!

Oh, and we now have a fence too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment