Tuesday 8 April 2014

Throned and Scraped!

I had an email from one of our future neighbours this morning saying they saw a port-a-loo on our block - it was the most exciting email I have received so far in this process!

Then I had a photo texted to me from our other neighbour of an excavator sitting on our block saying we were about to be scraped! Best text ever! It was a great day, then a crappy phone call from our slab supervisor...

They hit rock! A substantial amount. When they say substantial, they mean approx 90 tonnes...yeah I suppose that is substantial. He has had to put a stop to the build until we sign the variation, which we should hopefully receive from our CLO tomorrow. It is going to be expensive to excavate it and remove it, we are looking at about $10K plus  :( I now really understand the highs and lows of building - we went from such a high this morning with all the action, to the low of the hold up and added cost of the rocks, but hopefully that will be sorted tomorrow. There is no point worrying about the money - it has to be done and there is nothing we can do to change that.

I also emailed our CLO today to ask about the ceiling fans and data points, saying we were aware of the $500 admin fee for the electrical variation. She replied and said it was a $1000 fee. I could have sworn it was $500 for electrical and $1000 for structure / colour related changes. I have asked her about this but not yet heard back, hopefully when she sends our lovely rock variation tomorrow we will hear about the electrical one too. What an expensive week this has been, and it's only Tuesday!








No comments:

Post a Comment