Wednesday 2 April 2014

Dear MJH...

Feel free to scrape my block, the weather is gorgeous today. I would even at least settle for a port-a-loo and / or fence today!

In my blog I mentioned the other day that I saw one large fence around 3 x MJH blocks, well one of them has now been scraped and I also noticed that it is the only one out of the three that has been pegged. Not sure if this means that the other 2 x blocks will be behind us in the build but what it does mean is that I need to get a life and stop being so obsessive LOL. I think I am being overly observant though because I know that we are going to get a whole heap of rain very soon which means more delays.

On the flip side I am trying to be thankful and think along the lines of at least we aren't on a deadline to move out of where we are currently living (with my inlaws) so we don't have to worry about being on a lease or selling our current property, so I just need to bring myself into line sometimes when I am feeling so impatient and frustrated.

Meanwhile I am feeling quite organised about our furniture, I have already bought a red Barcelona accent chair for our home theatre which was shipped out today, plus I have screen shots on my phone / iPad of the other pieces we will be purchasing over the next few months. I know it's early but I want to do it this way so it doesn't feel like one massive chunk of money later. So when it comes to furniture now, there is nothing left to think of (as far as I am aware) as everything has now been chosen! A couple of pieces are on sale at Freedom at the moment so Vas and I will put some money down for those this weekend - hopefully they will be able to store them for at least 2 months (as my inlaws go overseas in 2 months, for 3 months). The rest we will purchase if they come on special (I suspect they might during mid year sales in June / July). We have chosen most of our furniture from the Freedom "Signature" range, which they will be continuously producing over the years to come so there won't be a problem with purchasing them down the track. I'm a bit of a freak and did a 1:100 scale drawing of furniture we want to purchase on our house plans, so I knew it would all fit :)

Ciao for now!

3 comments:

  1. Ohh Nat you aren't being too obsessive, I think everyone building knows exactly how you feel :) Gosh I hope they do something for you soon! I would guess that they might deliver all of the fencing and portaloos for the MDJ blocks together.

    As for furniture, you are being very wise! We started building on 4th December and I purchased our bed, mattress, bedside tables and media room lounge on Boxing Day. I also got three chairs from freedom in mid January. Early is good with freedom, we got 2x signature tub chairs and they aren't due until JUNE. That's six months! Everything else is being delivered to our current garage this week.

    I have all of our artwork for the house too! We could almost do an episode of hoarders in our unit at the moment haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the signature range at freedom. we just bought the signature modular lounge and im now eyeing their dining chairs and bar stoors in white. great taste ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes very good taste ladies!! It's so good knowing the signature range is there to stay :) I don't feel so crazy now buying my furniture early, especially because you're gonna be waiting 6 months for some of your pieces MelnTom!

    ReplyDelete